Sorry that I’ve been away, folks. My computer keeps dying on me. (grrrrr.) So, here’s a quick “Five Things” to catch you up to speed.
Five Things I’ve Done This Week:
1. Went for a drive and ended up in Fort Bragg, CA.
2. Watched a lot of the TV series “Bones.” Like…at least 20 episodes.
3. Swore at my laptop for freezing up…again.
4. Made a mix CD for a friend.
5. Learned how to spell “buoyancy.”
…And tomorrow I’m teaching a class on Gmail. Wish me luck.
Posted on 29th May 2009
Under: Five Things | 3 Comments »
(Without his help, my buttons bracelets would escape…)
I’ve been to two doctor’s appointments this week, and this is what I have learned.
– Apparently, sleeping enough, eating right, managing your stress, etc. is the cure for a whole lot of things. Like…hand tremors.
– My new doctor actually has a sense of humor and an engaging personality. Weird. I’m so keeping her.
– Getting X-rays may not be such a good idea if you’re actively trying to deal with fertility issues. I’m thinking that a massage will go a long way to helping my back problems. Yep. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
– The pain in my shoulder? The same old tendinitis I’ve had for years. Sigh.
– My cyst has gotten bigger. Again.
So, there you have it. My back hurts, but i’ll just deal with it until I can afford a good massage. My hand tremors *could* be due to some liver issue (so we’re testing it) but it’s more likely to be my nerves/caffeine use/lack of sleep/stress. I’m ignoring my shoulder. And it looks like I may have a date with a bit of surgery if my cyst doesn’t randomly go away by the end of my cycle. This freaks me out to no end, let me tell you.
Hey. At least I’ve been working on button bracelets. More on that once I finally write up the results. In the meantime, I wish you all a relaxing rest of the week.
Posted on 13th May 2009
Under: Health, Infertility, Photo | 5 Comments »
…And here is the gold one I told you about.
I really like this one.
Posted on 12th May 2009
Under: Crafts, Jewelry, Photo | 4 Comments »
It’s darn handy to have a hubby who makes jewelry when Mother’s Day comes around. Look what he’s made this time. Needless to say, my Mum was very happy with her gift. (Psst. The next one will be a similar idea, but in gold with a blue topaz. Stand by.)
Posted on 10th May 2009
Under: Crafts, Jewelry, Photo | No Comments »
I love mental_floss magazine. It’s full of tasty trivia tidbits. And better yet? The mental_floss website comes complete with a bunch of silly yet erudite items. Here are five of the things that most amuse me.
(Oh, and please note that this post is on a Friday. I’ve finally done a Five Things post on the correct day!)
Five Things mental_floss Made…and I Want:
1. Pluto R.I.P. T-shirt
2. Forbidden Knowledge
3. mental_floss: The Trivia Game
4. Hobbits are Tolkien Minorities T-Shirt
5. Fibonacci T-shirt
(Take a look at the t-shirts they have on this site. They’re hilarious.)
Posted on 8th May 2009
Under: Five Things | 2 Comments »
I’ve mentioned the very random spam I seem to get on this blog before. (Discount Medieval books and Swarovski crystals, remember?)
Well…this time I have Orthopedic Dog Beds and Discount Yoga Clothing.
Whatever will they try next?
Posted on 4th May 2009
Under: Blogs, Rambling | No Comments »
Posted on 3rd May 2009
Under: Blogs | No Comments »