So, when I was last attempting to clean my room (seriously…I feel like Sisyphus here), I started gathering up all of the random fortune cookie fortunes that I keep meaning to post here. And now…here they are all at once! With commentary! (Feel free to add your choice of amusing ending to each: in bed, between the sheets, etc.)
* Your respect for others will be your ticket to success. (Sounds reasonable…)
* An hour with one friend is worth more than ten with strangers. (…And my friends are stranger than most.)
* Do what is right, not what you should. (*nods*)
* Look with favor upon a bold beginning. (Oooookay.)
* You heart is pure, and your mind is clear, and soul devout. (…I think I got someone else’s cookie. Uh…Thanks?)
* You will have some wonderful new experiences. (I certainly hope that this one is accurate.)
* You are contemplative and analytical by nature. (Actually, this one is pretty accurate.)
* You will soon be honored by someone you respect. (Will I have to dress up?)
* Time, once lost, can never be regained. (Wait. Not even if I had a TARDIS? Awww, man!)
Napoleon XIV is a big part of my High School music remembrances. (I had a friend who owned the whole album. There are so many good songs on it.) You may have heard of him through Doctor Demento or perhaps from a friend. This is the most famous of his songs. Napoleon XIV – They’re Coming to Take me Away Hahaaaaaaa.
There were so very many “M”s to choose from, but in the end I had to go with a song that I actually played at my wedding. Perhaps it’s further proof that part of me is stuck in the 80s. Who can say? Either way I will always love: Men Without Hats – Safety Dance.
I was all set to post a little something from a group I just discovered, but then it stuck me…Led Zeppelin! Of course! *smacks forehead* I adore Led Zeppelin! (And so does my Evil Twin. This one’s for you, Mr. Steed!) And so, I bring you my favorite song from one of my favorite bands of all time. Led Zeppelin – Immigrant Song.
This film is turning into something like the great fandom conjunction for me. First of all, you have the Lord of the Rings crew, and then you add Martin Freeman (Sherlock) , and folks from Doctor Who (both announced and rumoured). Yeah. So, check out the first vlog from the set, and join my squeeeing.
Once upon a time in the 80s, there was a TV Show called Kidd Video. It featured a group of young folks in a band that ended up being transported to another world and changed into cartoons. At the end of episodes, they had the band’s music videos. This one was my favorite. Kidd Video – You Better Run.
(P.S. sorry about the video quality, this was the best one I could find.)