So, when I was last attempting to clean my room (seriously…I feel like Sisyphus here), I started gathering up all of the random fortune cookie fortunes that I keep meaning to post here. And now…here they are all at once! With commentary! (Feel free to add your choice of amusing ending to each: in bed, between the sheets, etc.)
* Your respect for others will be your ticket to success. (Sounds reasonable…)
* An hour with one friend is worth more than ten with strangers. (…And my friends are stranger than most.)
* Do what is right, not what you should. (*nods*)
* Look with favor upon a bold beginning. (Oooookay.)
* You heart is pure, and your mind is clear, and soul devout. (…I think I got someone else’s cookie. Uh…Thanks?)
* You will have some wonderful new experiences. (I certainly hope that this one is accurate.)
* You are contemplative and analytical by nature. (Actually, this one is pretty accurate.)
* You will soon be honored by someone you respect. (Will I have to dress up?)
* Time, once lost, can never be regained. (Wait. Not even if I had a TARDIS? Awww, man!)
Posted on 27th April 2011
Under: Fortunes | No Comments »
From San Mateo Central Park in July 2008 (my me)
I’m madly trying to clean my place up tonight as a couple of my best friends are in town. (More about that tomorrow.) As I have been cleaning, I’ve discovered a few more of my fortunes. So, here they are (with commentary, of course):
“Good health will be yours for a long time.” (How long exactly? Why am I coughing tonight, then?)
From 2/26/07 – “Remember three months from this date. Good things are in store for you.” (Really? I wonder what I missed for not noting the date in my calendar…)
“You will conquer obstacles to achieve success.” (Good to know. I’ll just keep working on that, shall I?)
“Your emotional nature is strong and sensitive.” (Both? Cool! I’m the strong sensitive type.)
“Everything will soon come your way.” (Everything? Like falling pianos and rabid dogs or just the good stuff?)
Posted on 5th November 2008
Under: Fortunes, NaBloPoMo | No Comments »
Well…my computer has been freezing up quite a bit lately. I hope that a change of hard-drive will do the trick, but…well…I’m backing stuff up to the server even now. In the meantime, I’m doing a spot of tidy around my office and I found another fortune:
“Now is a good time for a new collection or hobby”
Hmm…funny you should mention that. I’ve recently taken up hunting for sea glass. That’s what I was doing (for three hours) before I took the picture of the Pier you see above. I will be talking more about that at some point soon. For now, I’m back to tidying up my room, backing up stuff to the server, and hoping that my computer doesn’t freeze up again.
Posted on 16th October 2008
Under: Fortunes, Photo, Rambling | 2 Comments »
I’ve been busy cleaning my office, now that it is cool enough to move back upstairs. (Good thing, too, as I seem to think better in my office.) As I’ve been working my way through my usual mess I’ve been running across those little fortunes you get in fortune cookies. I tend to keep the ones that I find interesting.
Question: Do you all add “in bed’ or “between the sheets” to the end of your fortunes? It does tend to add to the amusement value in my experience. But then, as I recently discovered while enjoying the film “Mamma Mia” I’m sort of fifty at the same time that I’m sort of ten. (You know that thing where someone says “shhh” and someone else adds “it”? Yeah? I still think that’s funny. My sense of humor seems to be still in fifth grade.) Anyway, whether you add endings to amuse yourself or not, here are the fortunes that I’ve come across.
Look into the crystal ball…
* Any impatience you show will only create more stress.
* He that seeks will find.
* An enjoyable vacation is awaiting you.
* Never let an opportunity pass you by.
* Share yourself and your possessions with close friends.
* Forge ahead with your new ideas.
* Assert yourself, your ideas are worthwhile. (From a couple of days ago at Panda Express.)
Posted on 12th September 2008
Under: Fortunes | 4 Comments »