So…my last post about spam seems to have been quite popular…with spammers. Pardon me while I have a gigglesnort about this.
Right then. I’ll just put on my snark hat and see what can be done with the comments.
(Engage snark mode)
Comments on Me vs. The Spam:
1) “Sal Dardy” says “I was just looking at pertinent blog articles with regard to the project research when I happened to stumble on yours. Many thanks for the practical info!”
– “With regard to the project research,” eh Sal? So…doing a research project about spam comments are you? According to your stated blog link, you have something to do with reviewing table saws? I’m guessing that spam is more of a hobby then, yes? Well, I hope that my post helped. Good luck with the table saws.
2) “digital slr cameras for sale” says “Sorry for requesting you this inquiry on this post, but I couldn’t find a contact page on first sight so I reckoned I ask here. What is the hosting provider you use, mine won’t care wordpress for some reason and I certainly want to modify to wordpress from blogengine since wordpress has so many more features and themes existing for download. I surely hope you can assist me on this one, this is a wordpress blog right?…Best regards, James”
– Actually, I’m just going to skip this one. You’ll see why in a second…
3) “patient monitoring system” says “Sorry for asking you this enquiry on this post, but I couldn’t find a contact page on first sight so I reckoned I ask here. What is the hosting provider you use, mine hates to maintain wordpress for some reason and I inreality want to modify to wordpress from blogengine since wordpress has so many more features and themes obtainable for download. I certainly hope you can assist me on this one, this is a wordpress blog right?…Best regards, James”
– Well, apparently “Mr. Digital” up there from #2 also goes by “Mr. Patient.” You may notice that there are a few differences between the two comments, but not really that many. In addition, at the end of each we see that Mr. Digital/Patient is named “James.” Sorry, James. My blog is served out of my front room. Perhaps you could host your site over at WordPress itself? It is possible, you know. …But I wouldn’t try to run a spam site there if I were you. One last question, James. Is “digital slr cameras for sale patient monitoring system” the entirety of your middle name, or is there more? Also, is your last name “Medical Billing” by any chance?
4) “hair removal service” says “Superb article ,I really appreciated with it, This is finicky to read and valuable on behalf of outlook,I really bookmark it, on behalf of expand read. Credit on behalf of sharing.I like it.”
– Sorry. Had a bit of a gigglefit there. “I really bookmark it”???? Are you sure that you bookmarked it, or are you fibbing? I’m not quite sure how finicky the article was, but perhaps “outlook” is strange that way. Who is this “expand read” person, though? Thank you for your comment, “hair removal service.” I really appreciated with it.
5) “Stuart Crary” says “Comfortably, the article is actually the greatest on this deserving topic. I fit in with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your future updates. Just saying thanks will not just be enough, for the extraordinary lucidity in your writing. I will right away grab your rss feed to stay abreast of any updates. Pleasant work and much success in your business dealings!”
– Well, Stuart, I note that you say, “I fit in with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your future updates.” You admit to being a spammer, then? Comfortably, even? If my writing was as lucid as you seem to think, you would probably have gotten the hint and not posted a comment. Feel free to continue reading, though. You might get the point this time. (Thanks for the good wishes, anyway.)
6) “hair removal service” says “Good for being going to your blog site yet again, it has been months for me. Very well this article that i’ve been waited for so extended. I require this content to comprehensive my assignment inside the college, plus it has identical topic with your posting. Many thanks, great share.”
– Ah! H. R. Service. Two posts after months of being away, I perceive. Writing about spam for school? Glad to help out. Just be sure to credit properly, or my academic spies will report back to me. Let me help you out a wee bit, while I’m at it. ” I require this content to comprehensive my assignment inside the college, plus it has identical topic with your posting.” Are you attending a college where you must write in English? You might have instead written, “Thank you for posting an article about spam, as I have an assignment on that topic due soon at my college. I will, of course, credit you properly.” Hope that helps, H. R.
(removes snark hat, but no hair.)
Now I’m almost curious to see what spam comes next…